Thursday, November 13, 2008

NOT my Mama's Spritz Cookies

My sweet sister loves my mom's spritz cookies and never fails to mention that my mom's are better than mine. Her saving grace is saying my sugar cookies are better so she doesn't get completely cut off!! But, I like mine just fine, that her very much!

1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour

Prehat oven to375 degrees. In large bowl with mixer at low speed bead butter with sugar until blended. Increase speed to high and beat until light and creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. At low speed, beat in egg and almond extract until mixed. Beat in flour just until blended.

Spoon dough into cookie press or large decorating bad fitted with large star tip (3/4 inch diameter opening). Onto ungreased large cookie sheet, pipe dough 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies 15 to 17 minutes, until lightly browned around the edge. Let cookies remain on cookie sheet set on wire rack for 2 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in tightly covered contained up to 1 week.

Makes 1 ½ dozen

No comments: