Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sausage Supper

This is one of the very first things I learned to cook on my own. In fact, my family joked with my first husband that he better like Sausage Supper because it was all I could cook!! LOL

1 lb. pork or turkey sausage
½ c. chopped onion
2 Tbsp. flour
16 oz. stewed tomatoes un-drained
4 oz. mushrooms un-drained
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cans refrigerator biscuits
1 tsp. oregano
½ tsp. basil
¼ t. garlic powder
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Brown sausage and onion. Sprinkle with flour. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and seasonings. Heat until bubbly stirring slightly. Reduce heat to simmer. Cut dough into 4ths. Transfer mixture into 9 x 13 pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Arrange dough over mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Bake at 400 degrees for 12- 16 minutes.

8 servings

WW 8 ½ points

No comments: