Sunday, October 25, 2009

Egg Noodles

This month for family dinner I relented and made Homemade Egg Noodles.  Traditionally my mom has always made them but I aggreed to do it just this one time!!  They were yummy.  I don't think this is her recipe and hers are still better but these were good.  Did you wonder if things are better when someone else makes them becuase you didn't have to do all of the work?  I actually cheated using my KitchenAide.  It took me far less time than it takes her I am told...  And well worth the effort!

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten egg, milk, and butter. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.

On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.

Allow to air dry before cooking.

To cook fresh pasta, in a large pot with boiling salted water cook until al dente.

No comments: