Saturday, December 26, 2009

Baby Jesus's Birthday Cake

I told you I was all about easy on Christmas right? My BFF has a family tradition of having a Cake to Celebrate Jesus Birthday. I loved this idea. I think he helps the kids understand the concept better. I made this cake the first year we did it for the kids when they were small and it became my sister's favorite cake therefore there is no other cake allowed for Christmas Eve....

2 baked 9-inch round white cake layers, cooled
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Gelatin, Cherry flavor
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Lime Flavor
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed


PLACE cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce layers with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.

STIR 1 cup of the boiling water into each flavor of dry gelatin mix in separate bowls at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and lime gelatin over second cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.

DIP 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the whipped topping. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping.

REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.

www.kraftfoods.com

No comments: