Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups

If you live in Utah the best place I have found to buy the small paper cups to put the peanut butter cups into is Kitchen Kneads.  I also buy my nuts and chocolate from them since they are local I like to support them.

The great debate on this recipe is using creamy peanut butter or chunky.  It all depends on your family's taste.  I like both.  You can also use creamy and add some rice krispy's to add crunch.   I have like the creamy so I have never tried it but you would just add as many rice krisy's as you like texture wise.

Filling:
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1 c. powdered milk
10 Tbsp. honey

Mix togeher and refrigerate over night before using.  Or you can make it advance and freeze, just pull out a day ahead and put into the fridge to defrost before using.

Putting them together:
In double boiler melt chocolate (again dark or milk, whatever your family likes)
Meanwhile roll filling into 1/2 balls
Dip balls into chocolate enough to cover the bottom then place into cups
Once all balls have been put into cups, spoon chocolate over the top to cover the ball
Let sit over night to set

I refrigerate once they are set until I am ready to do my treat tray's.

No comments: