Friday, December 10, 2010

Don't forget the 4 legged kids this Christmas

This is  my mom's fault.  I would never have thought to make dog treats until she showed me up!  I can't have my kids thinking she loves them more than I do.

Doggie Biscuits
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp cooking oil
2 Tbsp instant rolled oats
1 tsp garlic powder
2/3 c. water
1 tsp beef bouillon powder

Glaze
1 1/2 tsp water
1 tsp gravy browner

Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl until dough forms.  Turn out onto lightly floured surface.  Roll out onto 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut out with bone shapped or dog shaped cookie cutters.  Place on ungreased bakign sheet.  Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.

Combine second amount of water and gravy browner in small cup.  Turn biscuits over.  Brush with mixture.  Bake for 10 minutes utnil browned.

No comments: