Monday, July 27, 2015

Dill pickle dip

So this is recipe is YUMMY.  But I will say that it is not cheap.  There are some good dips that are pre-made and much more cost efficient.  But this dip is YUMMY.

I will also say that when I made it the first time I over blended it.  Don't do that.  The pickle chunks are like little treasures.  Do NOT over blend or you'll have no treasures.

8 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 sour cream (or if you like, Greek yogurt)
1 C. garlic dill pickles, chopped
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. pickle juice, less for thicker dip
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Put all ingredients except pickles into blender and pulse a few times until mixed and desired consistency.  If you want to thin it, add more pickle juice and pulse again.  Add pickles and pulse for a very short time just until pickles are disbursed.  Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.

As I said, the first time I over mixed the pickles in and then wished I had not, if you make it this way and would prefer the pickles be more mixed in, just toss into the blender and mix it up more.  Easy to do but impossible to undo.


No comments: