Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Grilled Mediterranean Chicken

I would love to provide a picture of this tasty dinner but I realized after I had eaten it that I needed a picture.
This is a recent favorite.  I like to let the chicken marinate over night if possible but if not, it's still really good.

3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. season salt
1 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed (if fresh available, toss 2-3 springs in with frozen chicken & marinade)
2 medium tomatoes, cut into 3/4" thick slices
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix vinegar, oil and seasoning.  **If marinating double the recipe, use half for marinate and the other half at grilling.  Pour half of the seasoning over chicken into ziplock to marinate.

At grill time, brush remaining sauce over tomatoes.  Grill chicken on medium heat for 5 - 6 minutes per side.  Grill tomato slices 2 minutes per side.

Variation:
One other thing I may have done once the chicken is cooked is put a grilled tomato slice on top of the grilled chicken breast then top with provolone cheese.  At this point I have turned the grill off but shut the lid just long enough to melt the cheese.  This is not the healthy version on the recipe.  LOL

No comments: