Sunday, August 9, 2015

Cucumber Salad

Let's call this what it is.... veggies drenched in dip.  It is awesome!

cucumbers 2 good size that are cut into bite size chunks

tomatoes - This is tricky.  You want about the same amount of tomatoes as you have cucumbers.  I have used large cut into bite size chunks and I have used cherry and heirloom cut into halves.  Either work just fine.

Onion - I like Walla Walla because they are sweet.  Use what ever you have a taste for.  I use one medium size.  I cut it like I would if I were making thick onion rings then cut them into quarters so the are managable size.

Sauce:
1/2 c. sour cream or yogurt
2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 tsp dill
salt
pepper
lemon pepper

Mix together using salt, pepper and lemon pepper to taste.  Mix with veggies and let sit.  The longer the better flavor they have.  It is actually better the second day.

No comments: