Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Elvis Cupcakes

Although I am not cooking right now, I am eating very well! Marie made the most amazing cupcakes for me Saturday. I would post a picture to go with the recipe, however, there are none left to take a picture of... You must give these a try!

Banana Cupcakes

Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 stick Unsalted Butter Softened
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Buttermilk
11/4 Cups Banana Mashed





Preheat oven to 350 F.
Cream Butter and sugar with mixer till light and fluffy
add eggs, vanilla, mix until smooth
combine all dry ingredients - mis into batter in 3 parts alternating with buttermilk
gently fold mashed bananas into batter
Scoop into cup cake cups fill 2/3 full
bake 25 minand let cool




Frosting....mmmmm

Combine 2 cups powdered sugar 1 stick butter adn 1 tsp vanilla.....add one cup peanut butter and 3 TBS milk...mix until spreadable. Makes 18 cupcakes.


When I made the recipe I doubled it and ran out of butter milk so I used half butter milk and half sour cream...still turned out yummy.

No comments: