Sunday, March 21, 2010

Trouble

I know you are wondering why I have been such a slacker and truth is that I haven't been!! I have been baking, it just hasn't been pretty. My slaved upon baked goods would be over done outside and not done on the inside which did not leave much to blog about. First I adjusted for using a dark metal pan and thought that was the cause, but nope, that didn't work. It then occurred to me that just maybe my oven was not cooking at the temperate I was setting the dial at. Out I went to find a thermometer to test my oven. After I set my oven to 350 degrees with the new thermometer in place and then waiting for the light to go off, guess what? 25 degrees off! Ouch! No wonder! Thankfully I am blessed in this house and have 2 ovens. One gas and one electric. So I am now armed with what I need to be a better blogger! Knowledge that either I have to set my oven 25 degrees lower OR being the spoiled brat that I am, use the electric oven.

In other news.... A few weeks ago I discovered the Lemon Pound Cake at Starbucks. Stay away from it!! Seriously! It will be your diet down fall! I looked up recipes so I could make it at home since it is like buying gold so below you will find the first one I tried. It was sooooo much work but worth it. Well it would have been if my oven had been working. It still received good reviews even though it looked like a train wreck! I am trying another version I came across that was less work and will post that recipe in the next few days. I actually made it once but to say it didn't turn out is a terrible understatement (see above).

I am going to link you to the site I got the recipe from because there are a lot of complicated steps and this site gives great instruction! Here

This is NOT what mine looked like but I just know since your oven is working properly, yours will look like this.

No comments: