Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Taco seasoning

Do you ever feel like you are in a rut and always make the same thing?  I sure do so my sweet husband signed me up for Blue Apron for Christmas.  I found that my husband being on the picky side made it hard to find 3 entrees that he would eat.  He was a champ and tried everything but few things stuck.  I loved trying new things so I will post the things that have carried over.

The first is the taco seasoning. They sent it already made so I had to do some searching to find the recipe.  I have always been a fan of the package seasoning, even buying it in bulk.  However this knocks it's socks off.  It has Chipotle in it which I am generally no a fan of, but I love this seasoning. I will say a few things.  Initially buying the spices is pricey.  Watch for them to go on sale.  And secondly, a little goes a long way.  I use 1 Tablespoon and 3/4 cup water to 1 pound of ground beef.  I made a big batch and then just use as needed.  It really takes no time to make a batch.

2 parts cumin
2 parts Ancho Chili powder
1 part coriander
1 part Chipotle pepper




No comments: