Thursday, January 31, 2019

Coconut curry chicken

If anyone tells my hubby there is coconut milk in this I will unfriend you.  He loved it.  He hates coconut. I thought it was awesome.  It was super easy and with rice in the instant pot it was crazy simple getting dinner on the table tonight.  I think this could be made in the instant pot but that will be a trial for another day and I will report back.

Ingredients:
salt to taste
pepper to taste
paprika to taste
1/2* tsp curry powder
diced onion
2/3 can coconut milk (full fat)
1 chicken breast if Costco 2 if normal size

Liberally sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika on both sides of the chicken.  Layer in crock pot with onion followed by coconut milk.  Then sprinkle curry powder on top.  Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4.  Shred chicken and test for seasoning.  Add more as needed then switch to keep warm until ready to serve.  I serve over jasmine rice.

Notes:

Don't be afraid to season.  I used 1 1/2 tsp curry powder before I was done and could have used a but more.  That being said, mine is on the old side so not as potent as it probably was once it was new.  Start slow and add as needed since you can't take it back.

My hubby like sauce on EVERYTHING so next time I would use the whole can of milk and more seasoning for extra sauce.

If you milk is solid, just put into warm water for a bit and shake the can.  It liquifies it right back up.

Use as much or little onion as you like.  It would be fine without.  I also noticed other recipes our there use chickpeas and some use carrots.  I would definitely give the carrots a go next time.  You just add them at the beginning.  Chickpeas would be rinsed, drained and added after shredding the chicken.


No comments: