Monday, July 1, 2019

Chocolate bundt cake

I recently made a lemon bundt cake for a girls weekend and was asked if it came in chocolate.  So I set out to make something just as good as the lemon.  This is what I came up with:

Cake:
1 chocolate cake mix
1 c. water, room temperature
4 eggs, room temperature
1/4 c. greek yogurt or sour cream
1 small box chocolate instant pudding
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. flour (Utah's altitude adjustment)

Sift dry ingredients together.  Add wet ingredients and mix for 3 minutes.  Do NOT over mix.  Bake as the package directs for a bundt cake.

Ganache:

1 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. chocolate chips*
1 Tbsp brewed coffee

Heat cream to just boiling.  Pour over chips and let sit covered for about 5 minutes.  Add coffee and whisk together until smooth.  Drizzle over cake.The easiest way to drizzle in my opinion is to put it into a baggie, cut off the end and away you go.

*sweetness of chips will make the sweeter the ganache.  Semi sweet will not be as sweet as milk.  I prefer semi sweet but my hubby likes milk

Final touch:
Melt white chocolate into a baggie and cut off corner.  Drizzle over the icing.  I'm not telling you how much to use but I end up using about a half of a bag of the chips.  More or less would be fine.  To melt I just microwave for 1 minute then squish and check every 30 second until it's smooth.

No comments: