Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Green smoothie

I got this recipe from Kate at naptime kitchen. I love it. Rayce loves it. Of course my husband will not go near it.. 🤣 on days that we have this I can say my toddler eats better than my husband.

NOTES:
*I buy all the ingredients and make three bags at a time and store them in the freezer for when I need a new batch

*per bag, you get 4 glass jars full. I store 3 smoothies in the fridge to have the following 3 days. I store them in mason jars and just give it a goos shake before drinking. 

Again, here is the recipe for 1 bag (I store mine in quart size freezer bags):

  • 1.5 c frozen mango (I just do a big ole’ handful)
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 1/2 c sliced cucumber
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 c parsley
  • 1/2 c cilantro

WHAT YOU ADD WHEN YOU ACTUALLY GO TO BLEND:

  • 2-3 c coconut water 
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 1 tbs lime juice
  • 3 large handfuls fresh or frozen spinach
  • Orange juice and carrot juice as needed for consistency 
  • blend to desired consistency for a solid 1-2 minutes.  My Blendtec gets a work out.  I let it run through 3 blend cycles on the smoothie setting.

No comments: