Saturday, June 1, 2024

Slow Cooker Hobo Dinner

I made this for my boys and anticipated having a lot left over because my crock pot was definitely full. That was absolutely not the case. They devoured this. I forgot to add the cheese at the end which I will do next time but it was wonderful.  I also only use 1 lb of hamburger because it was all I had defrosted. It was the only recommendation for my husband that it has more hamburger... This recipe was adapted from six sisters.  They have the best recipes if you haven't checked them out you definitely should click the link above.

½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon parsley
3 russet potatoes scrubbed and thinly sliced
1 yellow onion thinly sliced
1/2 pound carrots sliced
1/2 pound fresh green beans ends trimmed
1 ½ pounds lean ground beef uncooked
10 ¾ ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
½ cup bbq sauce
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray OR my preferred method which is use a Crock-Pot liner

In a small bowl, mix together the salt, ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and parsley.

In another bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup and BBQ sauce.

Layer half of the potatoes, half of the onions, half of the carrots, and half of the green beans in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle half of the seasonings over the vegetables.

Break the ground beef in small bite-sized pieces (uncooked) and place half over the vegetables.

Spoon half of the sauce mixture over the meat.

Repeat the entire process all over again, layering it on top of each other.

Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours or on high for 3.5 - 4 hours.


No comments: