Monday, February 5, 2018

Shrimp Dip

With Super Bowl as an excuse yesterday I made this dip that I usually on get at Christmas.  My sister in law buys it from a local caterer but I took a shot at replicating it because we liked it so much. I am told it is very close. 

With regards to the dill, if you like it you can add more, if not you can use less.  I love it but my hubby not as much so this is the middle of the road below.

When it comes to shrimp, I buy the bigger ones and cut it into bit size pieces.  You could use any size as long as it fits on a chip.  I also buy frozen so I cannot say how canned would taste but I am sure if you like canned they would be just fine.

1 1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. mayo
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 ribs celery finely diced
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. dill
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 lb cooked shrimp, bite size pieces if applicable

Mix cream cheese in a bowl until smooth.  I use the back so a spoon and mash it against the bowl.  Add all other ingredients except the shrimp.  Mix very well.  Fold in shrimp.  Let sit overnight for best flavor.

I serve with plain potato chips.

No comments: