Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Eggnog

Recently we got a lesson on how to make Eggnog Puerto Rico style.  My mom is NOT an eggnog fan but loves this.  There are not eggs so that may be the selling point for her.  haha.  There are several versions so I'll give the the basic recipe then the add-ins.

1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can Evaporated Milk
1 can coconut milk
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk until smooth then add rum to taste.  I started out using the can of sweetened condensed milk to give me a starting point and then ended up adding a bit more.  Good rum, I am told, is key.  I used Bacardi silver.  I think Captain Morgan would be great as well.  In the variations below maybe not as much...

Refrigerate and serve cold.

Pistachio flavor:
Recipe above then add 1 1/2  c. Pistachio ice cream and 1 tsp ground pistachio nuts

Chocolate flavor:
Recipe above then add 1/2 c. Nutella

No comments: