Friday, November 9, 2018

Pizza crust

This one is super easy.  I use my KitchenAide mixer but you can easily adapt it for a food processor and it would work just as well.

1 1/2 c. warm water (not luke warm but warm)
1 tsp active dry or instant yeast
4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Sprinkle yeast over warm water.
Meanwhile, combine flour and salt.  With mixer running on low drizzle olive oil until combine.  Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture until ball forms.  Coat separate bowl with olive oil covering with a towel and let rise for 1 - 2 hours.

Once dough has risen divide in half.  I freeze half for another time and defrost the night before.  Works like a charm.

Heat oven to 500 degrees and spread dough on pan. 

Here where I do things differently.  I don't like any doughy middles so I bake for about 5 minutes then top and bake until bubbly and crust is golden brown.  About another 10 minutes.  I know pizza experts probably cringe at this but I use my big baking sheet and the middle just always seems doughy.  This method has always worked well for me.

No comments: